Proviron is committed to Responsible Care®, as a Belgian company these principles are part of the legislation, and all employees have to comply, and aims at:
- A Corporate Leadership Culture that proactively supports safe chemicals management through the global Responsible Care initiative
- Safeguarding People and the Environment by continuously improving our environmental, health and safety performance; the security of our facilities, processes and technologies; and by driving continuous improvement in chemical product safety and stewardship throughout the supply chain
- Strengthening Chemicals Management Systems by participating in the development and implementation of lifecycle-oriented, sound-science and risk-based chemical safety legislation and best practices
- Influencing Business Partners to promote the safe management of chemicals within their own operations
- Engaging Stakeholders, understanding and responding to their concerns and expectations for safer operations and products and communicating openly on our performance and products
- Contributing to Sustainability through improved performance, expanded economic opportunities and the development of innovative technologies and other solutions to societal challenges
Proviron is committed to the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact, as a Belgian company these principles are part of the legislation, and all suppliers and employees have to comply. Moreover, we ask our suppliers at least to comply with:
Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining; the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour; the effective abolition of child labour; and the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges; undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.